What to do
In the event of an incident:
Remember, we work for you – not the insurer and we will do our best to navigate the fine print in your policy wording to make your claim experience as painless as possible.
- DO NOT admit liability or fault as this could prejudice your claim.
- Get yourself & others to safety, as a top priority.
- Call Fire brigade, ambulance, police or other appropriate emergency services that are applicable to your situation.
- Gather and exchange contact & event details with other parties. (Date, Time, Location, Property information, Police Report number).
- Take reasonable steps to secure and protect your property to prevent further damage.
- Photograph the incident.
- Report the incident to Asset Cover Insurance OR to the Insurer as soon as possible by phone or email, preferably within 24 hours of the incident.
- If possible, please complete all claims documentation before starting major repairs. The Insurer is entitled to deny a claim or pay a reduce amount if the insurer did not get the opportunity to assess the damage prior to repairs.